Fortress Law Limited provide a personal and understanding service when you need it most.
Probate is the legal process involved in dealing with the assets of someone who has died.
Some of the Probate services we provide include:
- Contacting the relevant financial institutions to value the assets and liabilities of the estate.
- Dealing with the pension companies, Department for Work and Pensions and all other organisations from whom the deceased received an income.
- Arranging valuations for real estate, shares, antiques etc.
- Filing and completing H M Revenue and Customs inheritance tax returns.
- Obtaining the Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration.
- Collecting in the assets and discharging liabilities of the estate.
- Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property, land or farms.
- Distributing funds to the beneficiaries.
- Keeping you regularly updated throughout the administration process and answering any queries you might have.
- Providing full clear estate accounts to breakdown what has been received by and paid out of the estate.
- Advising executors and beneficiaries about their own tax and estate planning if relevant.
Following the death of a friend or family member, dealing with their paperwork can be both daunting and upsetting.
The thought of corresponding with financial institutions, creditors, the H M Revenue and Customs and beneficiaries can prove overwhelming.
We are flexible and can tailor our services to meet your needs. Some clients feel they are able to and wish to deal with the estate administration themselves and only instruct us to deal with certain aspects of the process. Whereas others bring in boxes of paperwork and leave us to take care of matters on their behalf. Either way you will receive a sympathetic, proactive and high quality service.
We offer a free consultation to help you understand what is required, to explain the probate process and to address your concerns.
If you would like further advice or help in dealing with the estate of a deceased person, or to arrange your free consultation then please contact Mark Lister and his team today for assistance with estate management.